Welcome to my little corner of the internet, I’m Poppy, it’s very nice to meet you.
Marian Keys, Trisha Ashley, Deborah Wright, Christina Jones, Lucy Diamond and Alexandra Potter are just some of the writers whose wonderful stories are currently pushing my bookcase to breaking point.
No matter what stage I’ve been in my life, whether it’s sitting on the carpet in primary school, rebelling in high school, pretending to read books from my reading list in university or working 9-5 … I’ve always got a book to hand.
I currently live
just outside of within leafy Cheshire and can often be found in a cafe window with a hot chocolate in one hand and a book in the other.
Ten things about me:
- I think coriander tastes like soap – it’s my arch nemesis.
- When I grow up I’d like to be a writer or a garden fairy.
- Mum to a baby bunny called Harry.
- I’m not very good at being an adult, I just can’t keep up.
- Creative writing and reading stories about strong women keep me sane in this crazy wonderful world.
- I have a lovely boyfriend who teases me mercilessly at every available opportunity. We’ll call him Mr Chester.
- My yoga pants have never been to yoga (I vow to change this…. One day).
- I’m a Libra, ruled by the planet Venus.
- I have a slight obsession with Yankee Candles. The soft cotton one is my favourite.
- If I had to choose a favourite book or give all of my shoes to charity, I’d be walking around barefoot for the rest of my life.
If you have any reading recommendations please let me know below….